earwigs and corn

Hi Guys,

The local earwigs seems to love my corn. Any organic/natural way to defeat them? Any words of wisdom?

I read to roll up some newspaper and wet it down. They would hide in it during the day. They stay in my corn instead.

Many thanks,

-T

Reply to
Todd

i have heard of filling a pot full of hay and putting it upside down on a wooden stake. i didn't see any pictures but there must have been some way to keep the hay in the pot, perhaps they used paper with holes in it. check it once every few days and empty them out.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

mineral oil on the silks if done early enough.

Reply to
LilAbner

Maybe Tanglefoot at the base of each plant? (if you don't have acres of corn)

Reply to
Garrapata

Interesting! Thank you,

-T