Ants crawling on my corn

Hi.

I am trying to grow corn in my garden for the first time. The corn seems to be growing ok, but they are alot of small brown ants (I live in Manitoba, Canada) crawling on the corn stalks and leaves. Is this normal? Will they damage the corn? Are there any good organic pest control solutions?

Thanks.

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy

Would you rather have aphids and mealy bugs instead?

Reply to
Cereus-validus.......

The only problem with ants on corn is that they sometimes farm aphids. You might want to inspect the center of the plants off an on. (Once the tassels emerge, the aphid threat is pretty much over.)

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz