Don't trust your plants to a brown thumb

Anyone who can kill a cactus should be left off the housesitting list.

Chipper

(with much hanging of head and embarassment) I have done in a cactus or two myself. Watered it too much Shell

Reply to
Shell91

I never had much success with indoor plants--although I never learned enough about plants until this year. I had one green leafy thing for about 4 years. It died around the same time I lost touch with the friend who gave me it as a house warming gift. Most of my plants got neglected and I've been know to sport brittle Charles Brown Christmas trees in January and February (with the pile of needles surrounding it)

However, having learned my lessons, when I went away for 5 days I was prepard. I made sure the new garden was well watered and reservoirs were full before I left. My neighbor said he'd look after them but his plants always look a little neglected. About 4 pounds of tomatoes were gone when I got back so they were looked after well. :-)

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY, 1 mile off L.I.Sound

1st Year Gardener
Reply to
DigitalVinyl