SOLAR GARDEN LIGHTS

...Any experience with solar garden lights? I'm referring to the the ground kind that light up a path. Have you tried any? Which ones didn't you like or any suggestions much appreciated about the ones you have.

Respectfully,

Zebrin

Reply to
zebrin

This year, I tried a set of solar lights made by Malibu. I've had them for about 6 weeks with no problems. They seem to take a charge well - they light up every evening - even the ones in partial sun.

Be forewarned that they don't throw a lot of light - maybe they could illuminate a path - maybe not. I'm using mine to accent a few plants and add a little interest to the garden.

Reply to
AuralFeast

I've found them not to be very reliable in our hot and dry climate. Mine lasted from 8 months to 15 months. What happened? The sun was so intense and hot that it caused the solder to crack on the solar circuit boards. The lights would then stop working. A waste of money IMHO.

Mary

Reply to
Mary

Be sure the lights in question will stay lit all night even if in partial sun. Mine won't unless it gets full sun all day. And mine is also for decoration only, it doesn't really light up the area it's in. I would think if you want the lights just for decoration they're great but I would go for the regular electric ones to light a path.

Shell

Reply to
Shell91

They're OK if you only want a few hours of light right after dark; but, IME, most of them most of the time can't get enough of a charge to shine all night. We've, however, recently installed several sets of fiber-optic lights. They work GREAT.

Chris Owens

Reply to
Chris Owens