Dividing Hostas Early

Is there anything wrong with dividing and replanting hostas before they have actally come up for spring? I know one should do it before thay quite unfurl, but can I do it even before that?

Thanks much

Reply to
mmeric

I break them when I want. Main problem here is mole/vole. I usually give a plant a few years then tear it apart. Certain special types get more attention. In time more qualify as special ;))

Bill

Planted Helbores and fern's and caladium's in a bed. Treat the latter as an annual.

Reply to
William Wagner

Yes. Dig, divide, and replant. It should be fine.

Reply to
Vox Humana