Community Garden Question

I visited a start up "community" garden run by non gardeners. Apparently this will be designed as a teaching garden for kids.

They are about 9 raised beds built of cinder blocks, ~ 4' * 3'.

Water will be supplied by either rainfall or runoff from a large roof of a community center. There is room for about 8 barrels. I think about 12' vertical fall from where the barrels could be stored. There is talk of a bicycle water pump. Sun looks good, with just shading early and late.

All this is in Atlanta 7b.

I think they want to grow a bit of everything, veggies, flowers and herbs.

I'm looking for ideas of what will be tolerant of care and how to irrigate this.

When I first looked into this I thought there would be someone there that could teach me about gardening, not the other way around!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

Learning is a two way street.

Reply to
Bill who putters

You learn best when you teach.

Reply to
Billy

That looks perfect.

Jeffs

Reply to
Jeff Thies

The best advice I've ever given was "Don't take my advice!". So it's best that they learn something, that works, too. ;-)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies