center branch broken

I have a shade tree, that due to bad tie-ins with the things to the stakes, have broken the center branch of the tree. Is that going to prevent the tree from ever getting taller?

== "When you're old, they say that your regrets aren't what you did, but what you didn't do. So I like to take every opportunity that I can." -- Cameron Diaz

Reply to
Ablang

You can chose a new 'leader' branch, and train it to grow upward and it will eventually become your new leader.

Sherw> I have a shade tree, that due to bad tie-ins with the things

what you didn't do. So I like to take every opportunity that I can."

Reply to
sherwindu