Cant get lawn seed to germinate !

Hi guys, bit of a noob, so forgive me. I'm not much for gardening, but I try my best ! Ok, last year I relayed new lawn sods onto our front garden, and it looked great unti the winter came. Unfortunately, I forgot to trim back the plants which were overhanging the lawn and it caused it to die off in these areas over the winter. I bought some mircale gro general purpose lawn seed /fertiliser mix, and followed the instructions :-

One handful per 1m Sq, rake first, dampen ground, trample down gently, and keep damp.

It says I should see results in 5 days, but its been nearly 14 days and nothing. Some of the areas are shady, and some aren't, but none of it has grown yet ... am I doing something wrong ?

Reply to
Cherishedmoment

Are you sure you're keeping that newly seeded area *constantly* moist? That's critical. Seed that dries out while in the process of germination dies. The area dosen't need to be soaking, but constantly damp until you see the new green. You may have to reseed and try again.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

What has the temperature been?