Regarding Lawn Care

FamilyNet Newsgate

AC>Last fall we paid some one to replace our lawn. Most of our lawn looks AC>good but lot of areas the lawn is not thick. This is causing some AC>weeds to prop up in the lawn. I am trying to figure out a way to AC>thinken my lawn AC>One of the reason for thin lawn i am thinking is the ground level. AC>Where ever the lawn is thin, i am assuming the ground is not leveled AC>so the grass is not spreading properly. AC>I was just wondering whether i can put some top soil and rake it to AC>level the ground. AC>Does any one has any suggestions about making my lawn think? AC>I live near cleveland, OH area. When the landscaper put the lawn he AC>used Kentucky Blue grass and he said he used 50%-50% mix. I am not AC>sure what exactly that mix is!!

Thinly rooted lawns generally require more watering (after sunset helps) than more robustly rooted lawns. Our new neighbor inherited a similar difficulty you have discribed. He bought some hay from the garden center and spread it over the sparce areas after pulling the weeds. It appears to be working.

Ciao, Ack

Reply to
THURSTON ACKERMAN