Lawn spreader setting for Mo Bacter?

Just about to try this supposedly wonder moss killer for the first time so have bought an Evergreen Easyspreader+, has anyone an advice on what setting to use?

Reply to
nospam

According to this

, you need to spread it at a rate of 1kg per 10 sq.m., or 100g per sq.m. There's a PDF link at the bottom giving the settings for various lawn feeders
Your feeder should be set at 7 with two passes.

Good luck with your spreader. I don't have much faith in such devices. I've tried two, neither very successfully. A simpler approach is to get a few bamboo stakes and lay them out to make metre squares. Weigh out 100g of fertiliser in an old cup or scoop, note how full it is, and just scatter a cup- or scoop-full of your stuff fairly evenly over each square. Repeat until you've covered the lawn.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

If it's Evergreen moss killer you are using be prepared for horrible black marks all over your lawn. It takes ages for the grass to grow back, but it does grow back. Then, the moss comes back.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

My abandoned flower beds are doing very well thanks to you Sir. The grass about is 3 inches high now.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

He should get a rabbit. Daughter has just rescued a pair and one seems to have an issue with any moss in the (back) lawn and rips it out pretty efficiently! ;-)

She has also treated the front lawn with a moss killer and fertiliser of some sort and used one of the wheelbarrow type spreaders with a spinney disk underneath. Early days to know how effective it was.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

In message , Chris Hogg writes

I have one and can report modest success. Getting the best depth of grass to see the last pass wheelings is tricky. Best if you can do it in lands like old style ploughing so the marked grass leans away from you.

I check the setting by marking out a few square metres on plastic sheet and then weighing the collected output.

The problem with the evergreen spreader I have is that the serrated edge of the plastic metering strip has tiny flash hairs presumably from the injection moulding process. These gather powdered material and obstruct the proper flow.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The trouble with the spinning disk spreaders is that the stuff sometimes goes where you don't want it to, like onto adjacent flowerbeds, and kills the plants. BTDTGTTS!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

;-)

In this case there were no flowers bordering the grass, just two paths and two hedgerows and I think she was aware of the risk to 'other plants' etc.

Good to point out though so others don't GTTS. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

No, it's called Mo Bacter - supposedly the dog's danglies when it comes to lawn moss.

Reply to
nospam