Bougainvillea dead?

I bought this plant in a 2 gallon pot last spring in Florida's Home depot. Here in NYC, i replanted it and it bloomed all summer into early fall. It was the hardy variety. Temp no lower than 40 degrees. I'm assuming it meant in the ground...which I did not have. Middlee of fall, the it started to go into its dormant stage, and I just pruned it and put into my shed where the temp never got below 40 degrees. Now that the weather is getting warmer I took it out and as a habit, scrape a couple of the branches to see if it exposed any greenery. To me that is a sign that it is alive still. I did not get that result...I did water it a couple of times...but nothing so far. Is it dead? I thought hardy plants endure cooler temps than others.

Reply to
Boothbay

Unless your shed was heated it's not likely it stayed above 40 degrees in NYC all winter, especially at night. I would say your plant is dead.

Reply to
Roan Martin