Best preemergent for my lawn

I have a lawn care chemical company that takes care of my sodded areas, but he said it would be too expensive for me to use his service for the rest of my sparcely grassed yard. He just sprays fertilizer or pre-emergent or what ever is needed every 4 - 6 weeks. Anyone got a recommendation for what I can buy for the other 1/2 acre I'd like to limit weed growth this year.

Also, is there a program I might follow throughout the year.

I live in Atlanta, GA.

Thanks,

Reply to
John

About pesticides!

symplastless

Well, besides the argument for switching you to organics (it's just as easy, WAY BETTER for the environment, and will actually save you money in the long run)

You should look into corn gluten meal. Studies have shown it to work as a preemergent and it's organic!

~Tad

Reply to
Tad

Tad wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@v67g2000hse.googlegr oups.com:

switching to organic would, most likely, help with the sparse section of lawn. better soil = better growth.

well, that depends... corn gluten meal is fantastic as a pre- emergent on seedling weeds, but doesn't do *anything* to control established perennial weeds. however, since it also acts as a fertilizer, it won't hurt to put it down. lee

Reply to
enigma