Besides eating,what else do you think pineapples are also good for ?

Besides eating, what else have you found pineapples are also good for ?

Reply to
Keith

Dunno, but I was told when I was in hospital after Christmas that I must eat as much fresh piuneapple as I could as it would aid healing?????

Judith

Reply to
Judith in France

You can make an excellent bowling game with the pineapples as ten-pins and a coconut as the bowling ball.

pavane

Reply to
pavane

In article , Keith writes: |> Besides eating, what else have you found pineapples are also good |> for ?

Throwing into saps.

Regards, Nick Maclaren.

Reply to
Nick Maclaren

When growing they are damned prickly. If planted closer-than-normal they would make a great fence for short livestock.

Reply to
John McGaw

A table centerpiece. A boat for a fruit salad A large holder for appetizers on toothpicks. A Hat for Carmen Miranda A container for Thai Pineapple rice An exotic drink container

I am sue there are many more uses.

Reply to
Dimitri

They're a great ornamental if you live in the right climate or have a greenhouse. Didn't France's King Charles II give them as gifts to visiting dignitaries? So add doorprize to the list.

Reply to
Buderschnookie

Is this a trick question? I've tried to root the top in the past, but it hasn't worked for me.

Reply to
sf

Meat tenderizer. There's an enzyme in them, this is the main ingredient in "accent:" meat tenderizer. It's why the corners of your mouth can get a little sore if you eat a lot of fresh pineapple.

Reply to
cybercat

Yeah, it's eating you back!

Miche

Reply to
Miche

It's also why you can't put fresh pineapple in Jell-o. The enzymes in the pineapple break down the protein bonds in the gelatin and won't gel.

Reply to
djs0302

"Miche" wrote

ha! Cool way of looking at it. :)

Reply to
cybercat

Same thing with fresh kiwifruit and papaya. They all contain enzymes which denature protein. :)

Miche

Reply to
Miche

Or you can just pound your meat with one.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

I've heard that it is the fastest fermenting juice around and was the favorite of ship bound sailors:-)

Reply to
Billy

It's the symbol of hospitality, which is why you so often see them atop old houses' gate posts etc. in rural UK. For example, they were grown in pineapple pits at Heligan, in horse manure the decomposition of which gave off the heat to grow the pineapples.

then, this was labour intensive and the outcome was fraught with danger so they were both exotic and expensive. In those days there was immensely strong competition among society hostesses to produce the first peas, beans, strawberries etc. so producing pineapples was a social coup of some meaning. I suppose that the entire plant could be quite useful for cleaning chimneys if you run out of small boys. ;-)

Reply to
Sacha

Making sugar.

Reply to
Phisherman

Hey, let's keep it clean here.

Reply to
Phisherman

Eating pineapple also makes a guy's s**en taste nice 'n sweet...so you gals' mouths can also get "a little sore" that way, too...!!!

:-)

Reply to
Gregory Morrow

Are some people immune? I've never had that problem (not even a tingle) and I've eaten more than my fair share at times.

Reply to
sf