Banana ID?

So, I went to Lowe's to get something useful and not buy another plant, and bang --- there it was -- in all its beauty -- a banana plant in a one gallon container. It had no useful tag, except the price tag that merely alluded to its origin: Banana Super.

Well super it was, but I don't know what cultivar. I always get sucked into buying these unknown plants because they are only 15 bucks or so. The sales clerks were helpful, but didn't know anything else.

Does anyone have a vague idea what type of banana this is or what type of banana's are sold in this fashion? I won't post a picture because it is just a two foot plant with typical leaves of green with a hint of red on the trunk. I promise to return to the home store and buy the paint later. Actually applying the paint will come much later.

TIA

jim

Reply to
Raised Bed