Pepper ID

I googled for this without any success.

I bought something labeled Anaheim. The one thing I am certain of is that it isn't an Anaheim pepper ... but it might be a WMD and I want to know before I bite into it.

At present it is a deep green (like a jalapeno), 1"+ globe held upside down in the crotch of the pepper plant. Creamy white flowers.

What is it?

Links, please, if you have any.

TIA Bill

Reply to
Noydb

Sounds like it might be a Red Hot Cherry Bomb pepper. Here is a link

don't think they are as hot as they sound. Try cutting the hymen(white part holding the seeds) out, that will remove most of the heat and then work from there...

Reply to
Milt

When last we left our heros, on Mon, 07 Jul 2003 21:50:02 -0400, Noydb scribbled:

Go to

and click on "advanced search". I would suggest searching on "pod type" and looking under the cherry pod types first. If that doesn't look right, try some of the others. Where did you buy it? Is it worth going back and seeing what other varieties the store had on hand. I mean, it might give you a clue. Big Box stores like Lowe's or Wal Mart aren't likely to have anything really exotic in the way of a pepper, so that would narrow your choices.

If you can't figure out what it is, try cutting one open and sniffing it. You should be able to smell if it's hot or sweet, at least.

Pam

Reply to
Pam Rudd

Okay ... change the description. Now it's more nearly 2" diameter. The little blighter is growing like mad!

I didn't find anything on the links (thanks, Pam & Milt) that I recognize. The unique trait, so nearly as I can tell, is that it grows upside down (flower end upwards) in a crotch of the plant ... every pepper that has set is in this location.

Reply to
Noydb

Otay ... found it. My mild red pepper (Anaheim) is actually a hot Aji Cereza. Except that mine is already 1 1/4" long by 2" wide and still green.

Noydb