ant Lions, eastern Tiger(s) swallowtail and Slugs

Seems the modus operation is recognize damage find the culprits and dispatch them. Lets assume for a moment all this critters have a purpose. Some like weak plants and some like decaying mater. So in a way they are like litter vultures cleaning up the unified field. Now if this premise 20% correct it would behove us to try to starve the bastards by not providing too much in the way of stuff that needs to be cleaned up. Otherwise the stuff with grow more abundant and the critters more determined to clean up.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Actually, the ant Lions, eastern Tiger(s) swallowtail and Slugs may be in a better position than we are. Apparently, we have already overdrawn our sustainability account.

"More and more data are indicating that humans are not living within the carrying capacity of the planet. The Ecological footprint measures human consumption in terms of the biologically productive land needed to provide the resources, and absorb the wastes of the average global citizen. In 2008 it required 2.7 global hectares per person, 30% more than the natural biological capacity of 2.1 global hectares (assuming no provision for other organisms)."

So, we need 2.7 hectares (6.67 acres)/person and we only got 2.1 hectares (5.19 acres)/person, and that's assuming that none is alloted to other animals. Oh, and 2.1 billion more people will join up by 2050.

I'd say that we need some leadership from our dithering elected leaders, and could you turn the fan the other direction?

Reply to
Billy