Subject Author Posted Replies

What do you do when filling in a garden swimming pool?
My friend has recently purchased a house, he was contemplating having pool, only to discover that the previous owners had a pool but hav filled it in with sand, but he is not sure whether the pool is...
31
31

Indoor grow room-hydrohut
Hi all, I am just thinking to start indoor gardening at my home. I have heare about the indoor grow room "hydrohut". Anyone of you know about it? I yes, pls guide me how its work? Is it a complicated...
4
4

Black Walnut Seeds
I have a Black Walnut Tree that is growing wild in my yard. The tree has seed/nut on it. I would like to use the nuts to grow other Black Walnut trees on my property. How do I do this? Al
50
50

Please help me identify this flower growing in my Yard.
Please help me identify this flower growing in my Yard. Al http://www.flickr.com/photos/big_al_photos/sets/72157602034573422/Thanks
2
2

african violets
i have 2. one is getting a 'trunk' where it's gotten taller & the leaves have died on the bottom. is there anything i can/should do about it, or just let it go? the plant still blooms like crazy....
4
4

what's this herb?
I have a herb growing in my garden and I haven't a clue what it is (but it smells lovely!) Could someone identify it, please? thanks! Derek http://www.flickr.com/photos/85947342@N00/1391956438/Many
38
38

Tree problems to Address
Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case Sensitive. Troubles in the Rhizosphere Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting up "Tree Planting" Mulching - Look up "Mulch"...

Dog Pooh Shrub
Visited my dad today who recently moved into a new house. He said tha he had had to remove a shrub from the garden that smelt of dog pooh. A first thought there was some dog pooh in the shrub but...
1
1

sealing brick on house exterior
I'm building a bed that will back up against the exterior of our house and will be raised about 2 feet above the original soil line. Naturally, I'd like to seal the brick to keep moisture out. What's...
2
2

Citrus/Fruit Tree food
Need your wisdom on the Subject plant food. I won it at a neighborhood nursery contest a few years ago and would like to utilize it for something other than Citrus and Fruit Tree. But what? I now have...
5
5

30 Year old homes and landscape
Just got two 5 foot franklinias delivered. Now where to plant? I sort have been going toward a perennial garden for the last 25 years. Recently I'm inclined towards small trees. Trouble is my 35 year...
12
12

Ping: Charlie / howdy back response
I'm good, been busy. Got our first rain in months last night. Had some twisters in the area yesterday afternoon, I got pics of one myself. It never touched down. Thankful for that. Very thankful for...
10
10

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Home is where the nornets are
This touching picture of Mother Wren feeding her young was posted in 2004. That was then, this is now. js
1
1

Tomato wilt
This is the first year I have lost tomato plants to what looks like Fusarium - Tomato Wilt. Some of the smaller plants struggled and died, but about 1/5 of thetotal planting survived, though even they...
9
9

Fall reseeding do I need to dethatch?
I don't have a heavy layer of dead grass and my lawn is not very built up so is it necessary to get the new seeds to grow? I read that you need to dethatch only if the dead material is over 1/2". Mine...
2
2