30 Year old homes and landscape

Just got two 5 foot franklinias delivered. Now where to plant? I sort have been going toward a perennial garden for the last 25 years. Recently I'm inclined towards small trees.

Trouble is my 35 year old mistakes sort of belong where they are. I'm inclined to chain saw two magnolias as they bloom early bur frost burn often. Guess my wife and I with make further mistakes.

5 foot tree like a branch in a six inch pot seems small. Who knows how it will make and I can't remember what our 35 year old franklinia came here as. Guess Documenting has it virtues.

P.S. Our old one gave us August tree flowers for which I am Grateful.

Bill who must dig a few holes soon.

PS Charlie just tried to find Neil Young's "Journey into the past" a sound track for his movie in CD.. All I can find is an LP priced at US $ 99. I've got that LP and know A guy that transfer it to CD. Pricey :((

Reply to
William Wagner
[...]

Just buy a USB turntable, and do it yourself. You could do any/all of your LP/45/78's. ;)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Your right I can get a USB turntable for about the cost of having someone else do one LP for me. I have a "new Turntable" but it required some sort of power attachment so it sits. Never Heard of a USB turntable.

Gratefull Bill !

Reply to
William Wagner

No problem. My friend has a pretty extensive LP collection, and that's what he did. Wasn't very expensive (relatively speaking), IIRC.

Good luck

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Hmm - I have some old favorites that I'd like have on the computer or on a CD for traveling. C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Ahhhhh.......t'would be a shame to murderate the the magnolias, though I know exactly what you mean about most often getting frosted. Beautiful when they are working. Tend to be a bit fragile in old age as well.

Pricey I would guess! I haven't seen that one laying about anywhere, now that you mention it. Love Neil's work. First four releases are my favorites. "Tell Me Why" is favorite song. Know the lyrics? I just put it on, thanks for the prompt.

Charlie, riding the dark horse

Reply to
Charlie

Sailing heart-ships thru broken harbors Out on the waves in the night Still the searcher must ride the dark horse Racing alone in his fright. Tell me why, tell me why

Is it hard to make arrangements with yourself, When your old enough to repay but young enough to sell?

Tell me lies later, come and see me I'll be around for a while. I am lonely but you can free me All in the way that you smile Tell me why, tell me why

Is it hard to make arrangements with yourself, When your old enough to repay but young enough to sell?

Tell me why, tell me why Tell me why, tell me why

Enjoy!

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

Thoroughly!!

Master Young is an artist for whom I have the greatest respect, both musically and personally.

Watch those holes, they can get pretty deep.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Are you sure you have the name right?

's Journey Through the Past. I found quite a few for less than $99, but you never know what quality you'll get unless you hear it first.

Reply to
sf

USB turntable? Never heard of it. I found an ad that says not to buy them. So, how do you record from album to CD?

sf

Journey through the past a sound track. Close but no cigar.

One word off....Not bad for a guy who listened to it 30 years ago.

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

They've been around for a few years.

From a company that wants you to buy /their/ system. That's another option. Most of my friends have phased the turntables out of their audio systems. If you don't have one, USB is an option. The link you posted is another option.

The point is, it's possible to save your vinyl, if it's in decent shape. With software, you can remove the traditional "pops" and "clicks" that are associated with the vinyl (if you so choose).

You record to your PC then burn to CD.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Planting

up "Tree Planting"
-
Look up "Mulch"

Sincerely, John A. Keslick, Jr. Consulting Arborist

Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.

Reply to
symplastless