Subject Author Posted Replies

Charity Plant Stall
Hi Please can anyone help with ideas for a plant stall we have just decided to have at our School charity fundraiser at the end of March?! I am new to gardening and just don't know what might be...
6
6

Large Holly Hedge pushing over low wall
We have a large holly hedge between our front garden and the pavement. It is pushing over the front wall which is now starting to collapse. Is there any way of preserving the hedge? What would happen...
2
2

Indoor Hyacinths
What is the best way to care for indoor Hyacinths after they have flowered please?
1
1

What is this wrapping?
When I buy a plug plant, either online or at a garden centre, the roots have a gauze-like material wrapped around the roots. Why is this? Answers would be appreciated, please.
5
5

Pink Plumeria Flowers
Hi Everybody, I thought I share an article I published recently about pink plumerias for everybody who is interested in growing plumerias. The article includes the names of some plumerias with...

Heeeellllp!
_BACKGROUND..._ I have a mini 4-tier plastic covered greenhouse... The plastics got damaged... but I hate the greenhouse anyway because the last couple of years, it has let in those slimy little...
8
8

Creating A Rockery
Hi there. I have a NW facing front garden and would like to create a rockery on my side of a 4ft. brick wall. I am in South London. Any ideas of a selection of plants and shrubs that will give a bit...

Is my Ceanothus dead?
I have had my evergreen Ceanothus for 6 years and it has been thriving. This year however the leaves are all completely brown. Has the really bad frosts (-10) killed it? Should I cut it back to see if...
4
4

Leaf warts?
The leaves on the lower branches of my beautiful Tilleul have begun to sprout multiple growths,- the only way I can describe them is pyramid shaped warts! They grow out on the upper side of the leaf....
1
1

Can I grow a climber in a pot?
Got an unsightly bit of wall, faces nw so only gets bit of afternoon sun. There's patio up to it, so no soil, was thinking of putting up a trellis and growing a climber in a pot. Is this a feasible...
1
1

A question on planting seeds
I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether it matters too much if I happen to put too much of a layer of soil over the seeds when the packet specifically says that there should be a "very fine...
3
3

Hypertufa ingredients - What is peat moss?!
Hiya folks. I'd like to have a go at making some Hypertufa pots. I've done a bit of research online on what i need, and the only thing that has stumped me is "Peat moss". In my attempt to do a bit...
3
3

Updated garden and outdoor photos
For those who like garden and wildlife pictures I have uploaded many more. Some of the pics I quite like, some are there as a documentary. chook experts might like to tell me what breeds I actually...
10
10

Palm tree help..
Hi All, I have a palm tree (or I think it is) in my front garden. The tree has looked fine for years, until my wife decided to prune it (she said she was just removing the dead leaves) before...
2
2

Hello and Help Please....
Hi This is my first post here. I live in the UK in East Anglia. My first question is; I have a very large, tall victorian house. The front faces north so the lawns at the front of the house are in the...
1
1