Latest threads in Garageshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

i need beam sensors for overhead door model 456 opener
part# 110171.0001.S

Genie screw drive garage door opener- closes properly but will not lift the door
It appears to be a problem in the motor or a connector of some sort. The door will close properly, but will not lift without manual assistance. Any ideas?

i have an older garage door opener model 139.653000 reprogramming remote
i purchased a universal remote from sears and can't seem to get it to reprogram by following the directions - any suggestions

Will the garage door be damaged if left open a crack in winter for pets
I keep the door open about 8" for stray cats in winter. I'm in snow belt. Will it damage the door, springs, or motor?
1
1

What is "stuck open limit" noted in the troubleshooting guide?
No further details provided
2
2

My garage door will only open about 6 inches and stop, then go back down after you hit the button
No further details provided

how to program a garage door opener remote if the frequency has been altered
I have a Stanley garage door opener model 3500 51 installed in 1992. I have been using an old Eversafe remote that is broken. I have tried two replacements that should have worked. I consulted Stanley...

What can I use for moulding for base wall in garage?
We are getting Nature Stone floors and have painted drywall in our garage. I would like to finish it off with base wall cove but all seem to have to use interior temporature glue and not over a...
1
1

my 15 year old craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener, belt driven, motor runs, but the belt does not move to open or close the door
if you press the button to open, motor hums as if it is opening the door. if you press button again, opener sounds like it is reversing its direction, hums, no belt movement, then stops. We can...

cost of converting detached garage into apartment?
I want to know what it will cost to convert a detached garage into apartment for mother-in-law. It is a two car garage with no plumbing. Does have air conditioning. Will need heating, but think we...

in my old garage remote I see 2 codes...1)lOlD35H and 2)3lDl98K. the outside only says'SEARS' with a red stripe across it. What model is it?
It is older and takes sq. battery. The outside has 'SEARS' with a red stripe through it. You just click to use. When I insert the battery the red light comes on and stays lit. Can you tell me what...
2
2

need remote for model 455 automatic doorman
lost one and only remote i had.
1
1

sears garage door opener setting won't stay set (vibration problem?)
I have a 20 year old sears craftsman garage door opener. This past spring I replaced the gear with an aftermarket gear kit and that really seemed to give it some new life. I have also replaced most if...

Have Sears 1/3 hp garage door opener. opens fine, but wont shut, bulb flashes
opens fine, but wont shut, bulb flashes

is the genie 05050 garage door opener compatable with a mounted keypad
I have an older model Genie garage door opener Is it compatable with a mounted keypad that will raise the door. Lots of kids Lose keys!