my 15 year old craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener, belt driven, motor runs, but the belt does not move to open or close the door

if you press the button to open, motor hums as if it is opening the door. if you press button again, opener sounds like it is reversing its direction, hums, no belt movement, then stops.

We can manually open and close the garage door with no problems, even my 100lb wife can open the 2 car garage with no problems.

is there something on the opener i may need to "tweek", oil? Or is the belt drive done?

Reply to
Anonymous