sears garage door opener setting won't stay set (vibration problem?)

I have a 20 year old sears craftsman garage door opener. This past spring I replaced the gear with an aftermarket gear kit and that really seemed to give it some new life.

I have also replaced most if not all of the pulleys on it as well over the years.

Unfortunately I now seem to have a problem where the setting that controls how far down the door is supposed to go seems to slowly get vibrated to a point where it wants to put the door down too far and then the door reverses back open. I turn the setting back to where I want it .. but in a couple weeks or so I'll have to do it again.

Any thoughts on fixing this?

Reply to
Anonymous