Latest threads in Fireplacesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Flue Adjustment
There are no notches on my flu adjustment and it is inside my fireplace. How do I adjust it?

my pilot lite is on, turn on switch and fireplace fires up and after a couple minutes everything goes off, including the pilot.
No further details provided
2
2

How do you apply the bag of the ground porcelain to the emberglow 18
Included in the 18" emberglow non vent fireplace insert is a bag that I am calling ground porcelain. Am I supposed to pour this over the logs? Not sure what this is for there are no instructions in...
2
2

gas fireplace pilot lite but the logs will not lite...what should I do?
No further details provided
2
2

log placement for gas log fireplace
Anything special about the log placement for gas log fireplace?
2
2

need to determine if it is a robertshaw valve or sit valve. on a gnrc36 heatilator direct vent. 14 yrs old
have a heatilator direct vent. model gnrc36. need to determine if it has a robertshaw or sit valve so i can order parts.
6
6

can i replace pellet stove insert with gas logs
I have a free standing fire place which i chsnged to a pellet stove insert now i would like to change to gas logs the fire place was vented thru roof which is now covered with new roof the insert was...
3
3

is there remote control possibilites for the Heatilator GNDC36
No further details provided
2
2

How to get firewood upstairs
We have a house on a steep slope. Firewood is delivered at ground level and fireplace is 3 stories up.
4
4

how do i remove candle wax from slate
dripped candle wax on slate fireplace hearth. tried scrapping with credit card to no avail
2
2

Has anyone installed a heat recovery for gas flue pipe?
I have a gas pireplace with the exhaust flue going into my garage and out the roof. The pipe gets quite hot and I boxed it in and the temperature in the box reaches over 70°F. I would like to use...

How do I install gas logs into my fireplace?
I got a new gas log set (Emberglow Canyon Campfire VEnted Gas Log Set) but am having trouble trying to install it. How do I take the cap off of the gas pipe in the fireplace? It seems painted on,...
2
2

I have a heatilator with the wall switch. Pilot is on. Wont stay lit
I have the wiggle the switch in the on position for it to fully light. Then it generally will not stay lit. Once in a while it will.
2
2

I need a set up manual for emberglow vent free lp gas logs
No further details provided
2
2

Heatilator Gas Fireplace
Use a key to turn gas on, then light logs with match. No switch for the blower, how does the blower turn on. Maybe it is not working.
2
2