Latest threads in Fireplacesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cost to block and cover brick fireplace
Looking for an idea of costs to block up this chimney breast and plaster over the brick as a first quote. Then secondly, to remove/disconnect the decorative open gas fire. Has anyone does this before...

Cold Air Coming Down Chimney
Need to know how I can prevent cold air from coming down the chimney. Not a simple damper issue. I have a woodstove installed on the hearth, vented into a stainless steel pipe liner the goes the full...

How much should it cost to run a gas fireplace?
I have an airbnb and guests have used the fireplace. My gas bill is normally 20-40$ but when the fireplace gets used it jumped to 120$. Is my fireplace malfunctioning?
1
1

canon coalridge gas fire
we have a black coalridge fire, took it apart to clean, started lighting first time, now it wont spark at all. any idea what has happened and what we need to do to fix it or if anyone has instructions...

How Do I Get a Gas Fireplace Removed?
We just moved into a home that has a Florida room. It's the best room for our kids' toys and play except that it is heated in the Winter by a gas fireplace. The sellers filled the propane tank right...
1
1

How is the valor home flame Fire fitting ? I want to remove mine
I have had the gas capped but I cant see how to remove it

I have a gas fireplace that the pilot is lit but when turning up the thermostat
My gas fire place pilot is on but when I turn up my thermostat it won't ignite the flame

how do i keep my older fireplace from smoking into house
i have an older house damper has nothces sometimes backdraft causes house to smoke up how do i adjust damper to prevent this
1
1

The knob will depress to light the pilot, but will not turn to any further.
I have a set of gas logs, the knob will depress to be able to light the pilot, but it will not turn any further to set the temperature. It kind of stuck earlier when I was blowing heater out getting...

Is the fireplace damper open when the slide is to the right side or left side?!!
No further details provided
1
1

when I hold the button down to light pilot on my vent free gas logs, I can smell
When I hold the pilot button down to light pilot on my vent free gas logs I can smell gas. when I push the ignitor, the burner will flare and try to start rather the pilot. this is a Martin Industry's...

Gas logs remote works but when I turn it on it turns Rite back off
I got a new set of gas logs n.g. .. The remote works but when I turn it on it turns rite back off .. battery are new. I hooked it up to the old set of logs and it works like it should . Don't know...

My remote works but when I turn it on it will turn rite back off
Remote works but I turn it on and it turns off every time . I can hook the receiver to my old gas logs and it works . Help . Thanks

CANNON COALRIDGE GAS FIRE
P - L - E - A - S - E .......CAN ANYONE HELP!!! I'm looking for installation instructions for a Cannon Coalridge Gas Fire 3213258 Grey Done the usual thing....contacted manufacturers (who have been...