Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

cucumbers are still out there
under the lilac tree where i tossed them two or three months ago. only a few of them show any signs of rotting, the rest look just like they did when i threw them there. i thought various creatures...

garlic question
My wife planted garlic in pots on the deck in early spring and got some nice cloves of garlic. Now for some reason she planted more about a month or so ago. It is up and growing but freeze is expected...
14
14

Rooting tops of blackberry/raspberry plants before they go dormant
Will that work? I've got a nice grow light setup, 12 of those panels with red and blue LEDs. I've got Dip 'n Grow. Anyone else here grow berries? Thanks. --Bryan

another muclh question
This year I had a bunch of pine needles and put them around my tomato plants. Probalby several inches thick as I had a large pine removed and needed to do something with the needles. Can I use my...
1
1

mulch question
Hi All, I am suppose to put a bit of mulch over my over winter onions to protect them from the elements. I have pine needles and peat moss. Does both qualify? -T
3
3

Green beans?
Hi All, Are green beans very difficult to grow? (Keep in mind my black thumb.) Found these with a 50 day maturity: strings either. And my trophy wife loves the way I cook green beans: bacon fat,...
14
14

purple dove beans
i really enjoyed growing these the past three years. the first year i only had a small sample to work with and to get the seed supply built up. the second year i verified they did well in most garden...
5
5

Sweet Potatoes
I harvested the sweet potatoes this morning. We had a 25' row, about 3/4 regular yellow and the rest white sweet potatoes. The yellow did very well, we got at least 20# of good sized potatoes, but the...
5
5

Gourds?
Hi All, Not to ask too stupid a question, but if gourds are not editable, what are they used for? Are they toxic? -T
8
8

a few squash pics
the varigated ones, a cross between kabocha and a local pumpkin of some kind: supposed to be small squash? i'd hate to meet the parents! songbird...
7
7

Frost Warnings Tonight
We've had a little cold snap here in Maryland, just northeast of Baltimore. Daytime highs in the mid-60's, overnight lows in the mid-40's. Tonight they're predicting a low of 40 with frost warnings. I...
2
2

pallet project done pics
feels so good to have this mostly done at last... it was a ton of work to do to get all those pallets removed and cut up and also it was a scramble to get the drain tubes moved and all the pea gravel...
1
1

irish moss still alive
as i was taking pics the other week i also took a quick few shots of the irish moss bit that i rescued last year (after trying to get rid of it thinking it might be an invasive weed i didn't want in...

fertilizer sticks
Hi All, Are these organic fertilizer sticks I see for outdoor plants any good? Many thanks, -T
1
1

first frost
last night. it took me by surprise because yesterday was busy and i didn't check the forecast. even if i had i may not have done anything different because it has been so far off this year anyways....
4
4