Gourds?

Hi All,
Not to ask too stupid a question, but if gourds are
not editable, what are they used for? Are they
toxic?
-T
Reply to
And they only nest in human provided housing. Hmmm. They'd better eat a lot of mosquitoes!
Reply to
Fat Free!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!
Actually being a drug free ketogenic T2 Diabetic, fat free is my mortal enemy.
Reply to
T wrote:
seeds, containers, and somewhat edible.
we grew them once here. i much prefer their edible cousins the squash.
songbird
Reply to
songbird
My neighbor grew birdhouse gourds this year. She brought over a dozen for me to make birdhouses. They're drying in the attic at the moment.
Paul
Reply to
Pavel314
I used to grow luffas for eating. Picked small, breaded and fried they are similar to summer squash and very productive. The old folks here call them "vining okra".
Reply to
Stephen Peek
haha! good to know. :) at least at that stage you don't have to worry about them scrubbing out your intestines...
have a bucket of small squash to clean out and bake today. mostly they are for seeds or at least i hope the seeds are developed enough. if i procrastinate long enough i may end up doing it this evening... i feel a nap coming on... :)
songbird
Reply to
songbird

Site Timeline Threads