When to start fertilizing?

Hi All,

When to start fertilizing?

1) sprouts from seeds?

2) transplants from the nursery?

Many thanks,

-T

depends upon the size of the seeds and if you've repotted into more fertile medium than seed starting mix. usually i would only supplement fertilize only if the plants are showing signs of deficiency (why waste $?)...

only when actively growing and showing signs of deficiency.

after a few years of planting various things you should have some idea of what is normal given your other conditions (like this year we've had a lot of rain but not much sunshine so plants will be lagging a bit).

songbird

Reply to
songbird

For seeds started inside, I start when they get the first set of true leaves.

Once things are outside, I'm pretty inconsistent.

I usually add bone & blood meal to the hole when setting things out. Aside from that, I don't do much unless I see signs of a problem.

Reply to
Drew Lawson

Thank you!

Thank you!