Vitis Lincecumii seeds

Is anyone familiar with the Wild Grape, Vitis lincecumii, "Post Oak Grape" ? I'd like to get some seeds of it.

Reply to
royj157

I realize this is a month old or so but I just came across it and saw you h adn't got any responses. If you still around then Yes, it grows wild in my area in limited numbers. I know where several wild female vines are at. Fru it is usually rapidly devoured by raccoon's and opossums but I should be ab le to get you some seeds if you like. I am pretty far south, near houston, so I doubt the local lincecumii will be anywhere near as cold hardy as the more northern lincecumii munson used in his breeding work, but it is probab ly more PD resistant. I don't know your location so I don't know it the mor e southern locality would be a positive or a negative for you.

Reply to
sethdoty444

hadn't got any responses. If you still around then yes, it grows wild in m y area in limited numbers. I know where several wild female vines are at. F ruit is usually rapidly devoured by raccoon's and opossums but I should be able to get you some seeds if you like. I am pretty far south, near houston , so I doubt the local lincecumii will be anywhere near as cold hardy as th e more northern lincecumii munson used in his breeding work, but it is prob ably more PD resistant. I don't know your location so I don't know if the m ore southern locality would be a positive or a negative for you.

Reply to
sethdoty444