tilling depth

How can a DR tiller with 13 inch tines till 11 inches when a Yardsman with the same 13 inch tines can only till 6 1/2 inches ? They both seem to be almost identical tillers.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Maybe that is how they calculace the depth. One pass for the Yardmax and several passes for the DR.

Just truth by one company and trickery 'truth' by another.

I have a front tine tiller and never measured the depth but can go deep with several passes. Guess that the height of the shield on the rear tine unit is the real limit as how deep one can go with multi passes.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I use the shield to gage the depth I want to go. Knowing its height helps.

Reply to
fos