Spring? !?!?

Last week in Memphis we had temps in the 70's and lower 80's . Sooooo , because of those predicted temps I went ahead and planted some lettuce and spinach for salads ... and I was actually kinda worried that the temps might get too warm too soon . Today it's 52° with temps predicted to gradually rise to the low 70's over the next few days . I've got some very nice looking lettuce sprouts peeking thru the soil , but the spinach hasn't shown much yet . I'm really looking forward to fresh green salads in a few weeks !! Tomatoes are just starting to come up in the starter trays , but I haven't yet seen any signs that the marigolds are germinating . I'm figgerin' that in two more weeks it will be safe for planting stuff that can't stand frost ... and by then I'll have a few layers of newspaper down and covered with more compost . I've decided not to use the fertilizer I have on the veggies , but I will use it on the flowers . I'll be depending on natural sources for plant nutrition this year . Can't be more dismal than last year !

Reply to
Snag

It's snowing here in Piedmont NC. Last week it was in the 60's or maybe up to 70. Hope my veggies survive. The temperature right now is reported at 35F. All of the plants are supposed to be cold hardy. Guess we will find out.

The tomatoes are still in the greenhouse and will be for at least 3 more weeks. Peppers and eggplant seeds were just planted last week in the greenhouse. When the snow stops I will go out and see what is happening.

Reply to
The Cook

Global Warming strikes again ! We've had more snow this year than I can remember having in the almost 30 years since we moved here from Utahahaha . And "they" say it's due to global warming ... Here's hoping the cooler weather spills over into the summer , we could sure stand a moderate one for a change !

Reply to
Snag