Sick Satsuma Tree?

Hi everyone,

First post so a big cheer from me to you guys :)

I have what I think is a Satsuma tree (fruited about 3 yrs ago but nothing since), and brownish blobs have appeared on the leafs. Admittedly, I noticed them last yr but they were few and far between. This time however, there are much more particular towards the base of the tree.

Here is a picture which better helps

ideas what this is?

Reply to
stag

Hard to tell from the photo, but it might be cedar-apple rust, a fungal infection. Try searching online and looking at the photos and descriptions available based on that term.

Do you have cedars or junipers in the area?

Boron

Reply to
Boron Elgar

Hi, It may not be a problem, it could be a beneficial fungus shown here:

and described here:
go to fig 17.

HTH -_- how

Reply to
how

Thx for your replies guys. I have none of those trees nearby nor do the suggested causes look to be what has occurred. I should add, the picture doesnt really show well, but marks are actually raised almost like you can scrape em off with a finger. I also notice a fair few ants wondering around...

Any other ideas?

Reply to
stag