Evergreen Tree Dying - Help

Hi all, this is my first post here and I?m hoping to get some muc

needed help to sharpen my gardening skills.

I noticed this weekend that a tree I have in my front garden is lookin awful. I?m pretty sure that it took it?s turn for the worse earlier thi week from Tuesday when we had a cold day (but no frost). Now I?m no sure what the name of the tree is, but it?s an evergreen because al pictures I have of the front of the house (and I?ve lived there for years) show the tree is always green (including winter time). This i what the tree would normally look like. If anyone can tell me the nam of the tree I?d be grateful.

[image
this is what it looks like now. (Notice the leafs aroun the base of the tree, some are bronze, others are dark green) [image
our front garden we do have a short but dense Golden privet bus which runs along side it, that too has started to deteriorate in areas On both the tree and the privots the leafs have just turned a bronze an crisped, with no signs of fresh growth.

This is what they now look like.

[image
checked for signs of pests but nothing out of the norm ? (not tha I really know what I?m looking for). No weed killer has been used o this area too.

Because there is plenty of other shrubbery such as Lavendar, Holly Conifers, two Silver Birches that appear fine, I?m hoping that it ma just be down to a case of needing more water, but I have watered m front garden when there has been a dry period.

This is a picture of the front garden taken a few months back.

[image
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Gre

-- ovoco5

Reply to
ovoco5

Please post your location and close-up photos of the leaves (and flowers and fruit if you can, or descriptions if not).

Maybe someone else will recognize it just based on

I'm afraid I don't.

Reply to
Jim Kingdon

check in the soil around the tree and infected plants for grubs and other insects that might be eatting the roots of infected plants.

Also you might want to get the magnifing glass out and look on the back sides of the leafs of the tree for small bugs as well ..... looks like something is sucking the life right out of it (if it did not get sprayed by acedent ( from ajacent place ??)

Good luck will ask the rest of the group at the TGTA

they think the problem might be too and let you know if they come up with any thing.

Reply to
Cerwin

By the time you notice a tree of this type declining it is usally too late. E.g., look at a xmas tree. It looks good for months with no roots. Really has a serious problem.

Reply to
symplastless