Speaking of Out Houses and Tree Roots...

I went camping in north eastern NY this weekend.

Apparently they had a problem in a bathroom and had to pull one of the fixt ures. Here's a picture of one of the maintenance guys taking a well deserve d break.

zhte5q.jpg

His view consisted of Cumberland Bay AKA Plattsburgh Bay, where the Battle of Plattsburgh ended the final British attempt to invade the northern state s during the War of 1812. Not a bad place to sit and reflect for a few minu tes.

To keep this somewhat related to wRec, check out the roots of this tree, wh ich was found in the same campground. The tree is on the downhill side of a sandy hill. My guess is that the tree is doing everything it can to remai n upright as the rains wash away the sand from around it's base.

qwizfo.jpg

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Looks like an octopus with the eye being that old branch that it lost.

Jeez.. That's amazing.

Reply to
woodchucker