Recommended online company for strawberry/raspberry plants?

Hello,

I am looking for any recommendations for online companies in the United States from which I can purchase strawberry and raspberry plants. Also, are there any specific places to avoid?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Spenser

Reply to
Spenser

Seriously, look on ebay for strawberries. :-) Many sellers have great deals. Here is one example:

'm still in the market for raspberries. I got my thornless blackberries from ebay dealers and I have beautiful, producing vines now (they are about 3 years old but produced the first year) but I have yet to be successful with a single raspberry vine, and I've bought from 3 different people, including Lowe's.

What is the secret to growing a raspberry vine???

K.

Reply to
Katra

I got a catalog for Indiana Berry & Plant Co.

this year. I like the catalog and the feedback at gardenwatchdog.com was

100% positive (not a huge sample, but consistant over several years).

The one deficit, in my opinion, is that they don't carry the raspberry variety 'Polana' which is possibly the best fall-bearing variety for anyone in Michigan (or similarly northern areas) since it is so much earlier and more productive than the long-time standard 'Heritage.'

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

I have always had good luck with Nourse Farms,

whether it be asparagus, or strawberries, we've always gotten a great product.

Scott Zone 5

Reply to
Scott

Both grow like weeds if they like your place, and they need to be thinned every now and again. So you will save time (get bigger plants) and money (free) by getting the thinnings from a friend. Plus you will get varieties that are sure to like your area. I got mine from separate friends, and I am right now moving the raspberry thinnings from a 20' row to start a 40' row. The strawberries were planted last year, but are colonizing a whole patch. Raspberries are incredibly tough, they will transplant bareroot in august, with only a couple watering to help.

Reply to
simy1

Yeesh! I've had, like, zero luck with them, (raspberries) but I have a new place to try one again with more sun.

Any chance you could sell me a few "thinnings" for a reasonable price?

My blackberries are doing just fine!

K.

Reply to
Katra

I ordered strawberries from Nourse Farms and was pleased.

Regards, Dianna _______________________________________________ To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.

Reply to
Dianna Visek

I purchased strawberry plant that come with plastic grow bags that you hang on your fence or wherever you get lots of sunlight from Parks seeds. Each bag holds ten plants. I hung them on my fence about two weeks ago and they seem to be doing great, flowers are starting to appear. It should also make harvesting them much easier than getting on the ground and picking them.

Reply to
maf49

I'm late replying to this but what the heck.

I'm always very pleased with what I order from Miller Nurseries.

just ordered some Ozark Beauty and some Tribute strawberries.

Mary

Reply to
Mary McHugh