Rabbit Raisins

  Free for hauling it off ! My neighbor raises rabbits , and he figures 3 wheelbarrows full of droppings/bedding is enough for his small garden . Looks like if I take all he hasn't used there's a 5x8 trailer piled about a foot deep all over . I expect this will give the garden a boost ...
--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on
On 03/09/2018 04:44 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Just out of curiosity, is rabbit skat too strong to plow and use? I am thinking of raw chicken skat.
Also, do you need to break up the pellets?
I customer had a sign out a few years ago: Free snow. You haul.
:-)

Google search and pick the " edu " sites ..
http://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/bunny_honey_using_rabbit_manure_as_a_fertilizer
John T.
On 3/9/2018 8:24 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

  Excellent article !
--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on
On 3/9/2018 8:49 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Once upon a time, we raised French Lop bunnies as a hobby. Their skat is like gold when it comes to gardening. lol
--
Maggie

On 03/09/2018 06:24 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Neat article.
My neighbor use to grow rabbits before he passed. They got out all the time. When you grabbed them, they screamed so loud it was deafening. And it sounded like a human child too, so every neighbor's door opened and stared at you.
The coyotes could keep them in check either because domestic rabbits are too slow and the coyotes overshoot them chasing them.
Now to find someone that grows rabbits organically.
Guess what you get to do today Bugs!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyxJ7GKGFG0

On 3/9/2018 8:04 PM, T wrote:

  Rabbit scat will not burn like chicken litter will . It can be plowed straight into the soil without composting/aging . This is fresh on top , but partially composted on the bottom . My plan is to haul it home and mix it with some of my compost - in my cement mixer . Then spread on the garden and till in .
--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on
On 03/09/2018 06:42 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Now to find someone that grows rabbits organically!
Terry Coombs wrote: ...

yes, makes lovely worm bedding material too if you keep worms.
i would take all that someone was willing to bring and i'd give them some of the garden produce in return if they wanted.
free, good organic materials are always a welcome addition.
songbird
On 3/10/2018 9:06 AM, songbird wrote:

  Randy is a very good neighbor , we often trade favors - but no one's keeping score . I almost always start more seedling than I can use , the extras are his if he wants them - and I've gotten some neat seedlings from him . We often share steel stock back and forth , he's a blacksmith and I have a (hobby) machine shop .
--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on
Terry Coombs wrote: ...

always good to have friendly neighbors. :)
songbird