Psylla infestation

My lemon tree has a bad infestation of psylla. Can anyone give me tips on how to treat the tree? Perhaps a recipe for an organic pesticide. HELP, please:)

Thanks

Reply to
Mozie

You will get more hits if you google for 'psyllids' instead of 'psylla'

try this:

thinking of spraying, pyrethrum is relatively low toxicity and acceptable by most organic standards if extracted from plants. How this is OK but the same compounds made in a vat are not acceptable beats me but that's organic standards for you.

Note that it is still an insecticide so you should be careful not to spray beneficial insects such as bees.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

spray 2x year around April/August when infestations are at peak with your product of choice.

If you are unfamiliar with some of the control products here is a quick guide

into info listed below for various products and further reference leads. Viable Control products/methods are sometimes buried deep in the documents:

is correct re: Psylla & Psyllid but also try googling Citrus Greening Disease.

Reply to
Gunner