pepper seed question

Hi All,

I have been following Songbird's instruction on how to collect Anaheim (California) pepper seeds. Wait till the peppers are nice and red and the skins wrinkly, then harvest the seeds and dry the out real well.

This year I have noticed that some of the seeds have black dots in their centers. Is that the germ? Or should I discard the seeds?

Many thanks,

-T

Solved the problem by saving about 500 seeds. Some of them have to be good. And I have 10 holes to grow them in, so 50 seeds per hole? (I will start with 10 or 20)

My Anaheim (California) peppers are coming is gang busters this year. Nothing else is doing so well. Have not had a single cucumber fruit in two weeks and three of the four zukes are dead. The forth one is just holding on and no fruit either. Cherry tomatoes are doing alright

:-)

T wrote: ...

:)

glad the tomatoes are coming through, they're usually pretty forgiving. small fruits are a good thing when weather may vary - that's why with beans i prefer to grow ones that are on the smaller side.

songbird

Reply to
songbird