Pepper Plant leaf problem

Could someone please take a look at these pictures and tell me what is destroying my pepper plants?

Thanks

Reply to
Walyb

destroying my pepper plants?

Please set your software to send PLAIN TEXT ONLY. The HTML-formatted repeat may look gorgeous to you, but it produces a mess for those of us who use real newsreaders rather than Microsoft toys. HTML has no legitimate place on newsgroups.

Reply to
Stan Goodman

Please, use plain text for newsgroups.

There are leaf miner parasites available to control them in greenhouses. Neem extract (azadirachtin) is often recommended.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

I don't think that's all that is shown in the pictures. I see the miner tunnels, but there are also loarge yellow areas that do not include tunnels.

Reply to
Stan Goodman

I apologize for the HTML message. I know better and as soon as I sent it I knew I 'blew' it but it was too late. It will not happen again.

Anyway, thanks for the HELPFUL reply's. Thank you Pat for the suggestion to use Neem extract.

Reply to
Walyb

In your middle photo, the yellow areas appear to be connected to sections of the leaf that have been entirely surrounded by or otherwise damaged by miners so the yellowing (at least in the photos you posted) is consistant with leaf miner damage.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Can't really make out the details, but the squiggly lines make one think of leaf miner?

Denise

Thanks

Reply to
Denise Bachman

The miner tunnels are clear. I don't think they can account for the large yellow areas.

Reply to
Stan Goodman

If the miner tunnels across a major vein or mines isolate a section of leaf it will cause more extensive tissue death than just the area of the miner's path.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz