New Mexico Chile Peppers

I just bought 10 pounds of roasted Hatch, NM chile peppers. These look like the Anaheim peppers we grow here in Texas, but are much larger and tastier. We also bought several pounds of fresh peppers and I am wondering about taking the seeds and planting them here next year. Any advice?

Reply to
Jim Ferguson

Take the seeds out of the chiles, lay the seeds on a paper towel for a couple of days, put into a paper envelope to save, mark the variety on the envelope, put into a sealable plastic container and plant when ready. I plant chiles directly into the ground once the soil reaches 70F and they do about as well as those started under lights. HTH

George

Reply to
George Shirley