Cooper Fungicide

Hi,

Ive just sprayed my plum and cherry with murphys traditional coppe fungicide, using the dose recommended. (My plum had canker earlier i the season)

Its left a blue-ish powder on the leaves (copper), I havent used thi before, so is this OK or should I wash it off.

Also is it worth giving my apple a spray?

Cheers

-- gasdoctor

Reply to
gasdoctor

farmerdill

Thanks,

One other question: Copper is a fungicide but does it hav anti-bacterial actions as I was under the impression that canker can b cuased by bacteria? Though the RHS site recommends copper for canker o fruit trees. Just checking Im applying a correct therapy.

-- gasdoctor

Reply to
gasdoctor

Yes. Copper sulphate in certain formulations is approved for bacterial canker, bacterial spot. Most effective for brown rot of fruits. There are also copper hydroxide and copper oxychloride formulations .

Reply to
farmerdill