Green Peppers & Cucumbers

HELP,

I am having problems with my Cucumbers and Bell Peppers. I had 10 healthy cucumber plants, they were flowering and gorgeous. all of a sudden they began dying, never producing and "Fruit" as they were dying I noticed some "Mold" appearing on the end of the plant as the leaves close to the ground became yellow. I cannot find any evidence of any "Bugs" or beetles, I've seen those in my past gardens. Any idea waht caused the "mold" situation... I almost think plant rot of some kind.

In addition my Green peppers have been flowering but no production there either. the leaves look like they are needing more water, kind of all turned in like they are trying to "Catch " water. The plants are still alive. Can they be saved? can they still produce " Fruit"?

Same problem with my Green beans.

I also have squash, zucchini and tomatoes...no problems yet.

Any suggestions??

Thanks....

Reply to
tkubitza

Would help to know more about where they/re growing, how they/ve been cared for, and what the weather has been.

The mold may be powdery mildew which is best controlled with fungicide before it appears.

Peppers won/t set fruit if it/s been hot. Not much you can do about that other than set the plants out earlier next year.

Upturned leaves suggest insects, aphids perhaps?

Reply to
TQ

Y'all might consider for next year planting some banana peppers. Here in blazing hot Texas (in the mid-ninetys for more than a month), we are still picking them by the basketful. And my granddaughter, who is eight, loves them, even straight out of the garden.

Reply to
Alana Gibson

My dad had always harvested tons of peppers when the summer had been hot and dry. These conditions were hard on the tomatoes but the peppers liked it.

Alana Gibs> > Would help to know more about where they/re growing, how they/ve been cared

Reply to
higgledy