Mutant radish?

I have had a bunch of radishes going wild this year that re-seeded from last year. All of them looked the same, with the bulbous root and the lanky stem, the typical leaves, and the white flowers.

Until this came along:

leaves and flowers and color are all the same as the others, but its stem is about three times the thickness of that of any other radish plant I have. It's so thick it's begun to crack. Is this a mutation? The result of odd pollination? Not a radish at all?

Reply to
Pete from Boston

Can you give us a picture of the radishes that you know are radishes? That way we can compare the leaves better.

I don=92t think that is a radish. Close comparison of the leaves will tell.

Reply to
CanopyCo

I will as best I can. Cut most of them down already once they went to seed. They were blocking a lot of light. Stay tuned...

Reply to
Pete

Radish pods are good eats too.

Reply to