Don't tell the buiding inspector

Just got back from a first fix where I spotted these.

?action=view&current=100_0748.jpghttp://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/adamko2020/?action=view&current=100_0749.jpgThe first 2 are where he has widened an old doorway on the landing. Above that lintel the wall carries all the way up to support the purlin. The 3rd photo is the cut through to the extension. It might only look like a couple of courses of bricks but the roof timbers are resting on those brick.

And just before I left I helped him move some wardrobes to cover some stairs so that the BCO will not know that he converted his loft last year without PP.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Theres worse out there. At least it has something in the way of support, if not much.

NT

Reply to
NT

the steel really hanging off that bracket? Wonder why it wasn't put in bearing onto brickwork in the first place...

That's just quality :->>>

Doing a job for your neighbour by any chance ;->

Reply to
Tim Watts

> Is the steel really hanging off that bracket? Wonder why it wasn't

It's a timber lintel (old house) and it was resting on brickwork before widened the old doorway so he added the bracket. The exposed amount of timber/lintel show how much he has widened the gap.

>>> That's just quality :->>>

No. But I do believe my neighbour is going to be in trouble over his driveway (or lack of one)!

Reply to
ARWadsworth

O'Reilly rather than Stubbs? ;-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Thank you for the nostaligia nudge (albeit I now feel even older).

and
for those too young to recall Basil marching off with the gnome to insert in O'Reilly

Reply to
Robin

"If the good Lord is mentioned once more I shall move you closer to him"

BTW The first link you gave is to the wrong episode:-)

I took my Dad to see John Cleese performing his Alimony Tour earlier this year. Well worth the money.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Buggerit. Sorry. Too much Cab Sauv too early. Possibly

I took my Dad to see John Cleese performing his Alimony Tour earlier

Apart from your being a dutiful son that also strikes me as a good investment given what you've said about his house :)

Reply to
Robin

The second link is the right episode but did you notice something strange? The whole thing has been flipped, as if viewed in a mirror. look at the Private office sign, Grandfather clock and especially O'Reilly's van. The end credit sequence is not affected.

Reply to
Graham.

I had noticed that.

Maybe a way to beat an automatic copyright infringement on YouTube?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

But what happens when he comes home to a pile of rubble one day.. grin.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Do tell more.

Baz

Reply to
Baz

Not had his kerb officially dropped?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Given 2 months notice by the council to finish the job or they will do it and bill him.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

?action=view&curren...>>>>
>>> The first 2 are where he has widened an old doorway on the landing.

Well the BCO has been round today and kicked off.

A pity that he had not seen the offending items in my photos or he really would have had a fit.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

> Is the steel really hanging off that bracket? Wonder why it wasn't put in

>>> That's just quality :->>>

The next photo after these three looks more amusing. What did you drop on your ankle to get a lump that size ?.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

His ego.

Reply to
dennis

Telling with the way he dials on the phone too

Reply to
The Other Mike

Flipping the screen is definitely a way to beat automatic copyright infringment detectors.

I have just flipped the screen and uploaded some copyright material as a test (with a little help from a friend)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I fell off a ladder.

Reply to