It's a nice spring day

We're enjoying a nice spring day today, high temp of 80F, a nice breeze and nearly time to plant the spring garden.

We're about done with our fall garden with a few cabbage and cauliflower left to pick and the fall lettuce crop is about done. We had, if I remember correctly, six separate fall lettuce plantings. Lots of really good salads came out of that bunch.

It won't be long before we plant spring crops, lettuce of course, tomatoes, peppers, etc.

I've about got the madam to let me pullout the three non-growing, non-blooming, non-bearing blueberry bushes. I'm wanting to replace them with domestic dewberries as they do like shade versus the sun loving blueberries. Plus I like dewberries very much as I grew up in an area of Texas where the dewberries were rampant.

We're having a few days of a low in the low forties and then next day mid-eighties or a little less. As much as I despise cold weather I am getting a bit more happy. The dawg gets out on sunny days and lays in the bright sunshine and naps happily. Right now she's under her blanket on the easy chair and is content with her world.

We had such a bumper crop of climbing green beans two years ago that we still have many pint jars in the canning pantry. Plus we were able to pick a LOT of blackberries alongside the roadsides last year that we probably won't need any more for another year. Thank you for the Texas laws that forbid mowing roadsides until blackberry season is over. I do love being back in my birth state.

George, Miz Anne, and Tilly DAwg

Reply to
George Shirley

George Shirley wrote: ...

i may try to get the onions planted earlier. that's about it for anytime soon other than puttering. we're still getting frosts at night even if it is going to be warmer this week than it should be.

*waves hello and gives DAwg a scritch*

songbird

Reply to
songbird