I am running late

I have done nothing about my garden this year. By now I usually have seeds started at least. I try to blame it on the weather, I can't get to the greenhouse. Maybe if I cleared the path.

Besides, my Seed Planner program would not install after my computer died. And the company has gone out of business. I have the original install program and registration information but no go. And my computer is not allowed to call out unless I give permission. A couple of days ago I was bemoaning this to my husband. He says "Change the system date. If you have the original files and it is not calling home, it must be the date." So I changed the system date to

2005, installed the program and put in the registration, changed the date back and IT WORKS. I have lost the information from last year but everything through the middle of 2008 is there. Fortunately I have not bought many seeds recently and since last year was such a bust the information doesn't matter. Now I am ready to get started. Right after the doctor's appointment.

Think I will start on onions and beets.

Reply to
The Cook

What does it do? I could find no reference on google.

Reply to
<balvenieman

It tracks seeds from purchase to harvest.

It has information (adjustable) about when to plant. You can track first germination, transplanting, first harvest. It includes in inventory of the seeds, source, cost, number left. It keeps a history so you can see how things did depending on where or when they were planted.

I love the program. But the company is out of business. That is why I was having such a hard time getting it re-installed For a $29 program in 2003, it has been well worth the money.

Reply to
The Cook

And the name of the program is?

Reply to
phorbin

As I stated in the original post, the program is Seed Planner.

Reply to
The Cook

Wow. I sort of keep a half-assed planting diary and have only recently begun keeping a photographic record (duh!) but nothing approaching that degree of precision. Are you a commercial grower?

Reply to
<balvenieman