Help Blackberrys

Hi everyone, I need some help. I have blackberries growing all over my compost pile. What is the best way to kill them? I know there is stuff you can buy at walmart, but I was wondering if there is anything better to use? I once hear if you spray them with a mixture of gin/water that this would kill them, dont know if that is true or not. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks Ed

Reply to
Ed

You have that wrong. You drink enough of it for long enough and you do not care.

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

This is a two step process. First, you uproot the balckberries from the compost pile. Then (if you live with 50 miles of Ballimer (Baltimore - The city that slurs), you contact me to pick them up or you offer them to your friends and neighbors.

You could sell them on eBay.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Or you could dig up the shoots and plant them about 5 ft apart in a row. Then you put up a fence for them to grow onto, and fasten them. Leave yourself 20 to 30 ft on either side of the row so you can mow regularly. You could also make two shorter rows if you had the room. Then lay a soaker hose down at the base of the plants. I did that and with 17 plants I canned, ate, sold, and gave away 12 gallons between the middle of June and the last week in July. Then I quit picking and let the birds and bugs have the rest.

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne