gardens coming along

it is raining now so i get a bit of a break. :)

most of the gardens inside the fence are weeded and ready for planting. some work still to do in there though as some horsetail is trying to invade. it's not an easy weed to eradicate by hand.

peas were planted last week and then a few days later it was still looking to be warm enough so i put in some beans too.

also put in some onion seeds for starts of a specific variety to see how they do.

speaking of onions i also am very happy with a new green onion i planted last summer, how it turned out, no mulch at all, very mild flavor, can be eaten fresh without much heat at all. i think the variety is called Tokyo but i can't find the seed envelope they came from.

while i was in the onion mood i wrote up an onion page for the website:

morel showed up a few days ago:

looks like we'll be picking up our garden starts tomorrow.

garden club meeting this afternoon.

nice to be back to a busier garden season, it gets me moving more and that is good for me. if you rest too much you start rusting... :)

songbird

Reply to
songbird