today's pic of a bean cross

i planted these on June 8th.

most likely (about 99.9%) it is a cross between Purple Dove and Painted Pony.

an edible bean too (i sampled one pod to be sure of that).

i have two plants at least with pods on them so i hope i will get viable seeds enough to work with for the future.

alas, there is a groundhog about and they might do some more nibblind in that garden before the beans can be fully formed and harvested. i'll pick them for drying down inside as soon as i can.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Awesome!

Best I could get what a pod the size of a fat toothpick.

I might be a litle bit envious. Maybe. I ain't saying.

tougher conditions where you are at for sure, but i know of some varieties that should still give pods within 6-8 weeks. partial shade might be required if your sun is very intense. regular enough watering of course.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

I can eat green beans (pod and all), but not the seeds by themselves.

Know any fast growing variety I can eat?

T wrote: ...

there's quite a few out there. do you have any seed libraries close to where you are at? can you get to any seed swaps? etc. etc.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Just on-line.