Do tuberous begonias "bud back?"

I have a tuberous begonia overwintered in a hanging planter; grown from seed last spring. It shared the planter with a bunch of Impatiens. The single thick stem had foliage on the end, so I cut the stem below the foliage to root...I've had good success doing that. Will the new bare stem produce new growth, or should I perhaps dig out the tuber and re-pot, waiting for it to put up new growth? The planter, pruned back (the impatiens had gotten very leggy) will go in the greenhouse soon; it's been under LED gro-lights for the winter.

TIA

Reply to
Gary Woods