Gardening in the refridgerator

LOL. Today I pick a big tomato and go to make a tomato, onion, basil, and chive sandwich. Not having used my onions in a while, to my surprise, I go into the crisper section of the refrigerator to see my 3 white onions already growing -- and without any help from me! Since I had a few extra gallon pots handy I put them all in the soil and now they're outside.

It's pretty late in the season to start vegetables (Zone 5, Chicago). What will happen with these and can I continue them inside when the frost starts in October? They seemed to grow pretty well inside the refrigerator without light. I've never grown onions before.

Reply to
Mark Anderson

Kswck